How to keep your blue light glasses clean?
If you're reading this article, you probably own blue light blocking glasses in order to get the a better gaming experience by reducing the risk of the harmful effects of screen light.
It turns out that the maintenance of these glasses is a step often neglected and yet indispensable for their long-term effectiveness.
How to keep your glasses clean?
In this article, we have grouped together all the precautions you need to take to ensure that your experience will be as optimal as possible when it comes to wear glasses.
Despite the fact that most of the materials that make up a pair of glasses are resistant, there are unfortunately enough small distractions for the temples or lenses to be damaged.
- Make sure that your pair is always stored in its case before and after use, to avoid falling out or damaging your pair.
- Never put your glasses on the lens side! This is the best way to scratch your lenses and it will interfere with your vision.
- When you are about to put on your glasses, do not force when you unfold the temples.
- Always use both hands to put on and take off your frames.
CLEAN YOUR GLASSES WITH A SOFT TISSUE!
It's important to regularly clean your glasses, especially the lenses, so that your vision is as clear as possible.
Legend has it that a simple rubbing with a piece of T-shirt or handkerchief can clean your lenses - a big mistake!
There are cleaning methods that are much less anarchic and all the more effective:
- Before cleaning your glasses, it is important to wash your hands!
- Use a glass wipe with microfibers (also called eyeglass cleaner): the material will not damage the lenses (unlike a simple cleaning cloth). Use gentle, circular movements. You can of course clean the lenses and frames and also the nose pads with the microfiber cloth.
- Use a special lens cleaning solution or screen spray. The components of these products are tolerated by the lenses and do not deteriorate them. Avoid using dish soap or dishwashing liquid, which are not intended for this purpose.
- If you do not have a spray, you can always rinse the glasses under warm tap water (never hot water!). After rinsing, dry the lenses of your glasses by patting them dry with a soft cloth (no air dry).
AWAY FROM HEAT.
This is a relatively unknown factor, but heat can seriously harm your pair, and especially the materials that make it up.
Heat can not only deform your frame but also damage your lenses.
It is therefore important to avoid placing your lenses near a heat source such as a radiator or in direct sunlight at all costs. Make sure to store your glasses in their case.
Apply those precious advices and your experience with your blue light glasses will only be better!